It's amazing to me that no matter who I speak to in this community, everyone seems to have a personal horror story relating to the incompetency of our town government.
Today it was stories of council threatening individuals at last year's meetings with arrest? For what...expressing their opinions? Oh, this is going to be good folks. Council hasn't met THIS red head yet. I suggest you get a cell nice and toasty for me, because I don't believe that threatening citizenry even for being vociferously opposed to your idiocy is acceptable. I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty. Hell, I probably have friends in most jails. We can hang out and catch up on old times. Would you like to meet them Mr. and Mrs. Councillor? I'm sure they'd love to meet you.
I was speaking to a good friend and fellow farmette owner who lost the battle last year and her equestrian property was reverted to residential zoning. Now, she has two beautiful refuge horses that she and her husband have adopted. They take splendid care of these animals, and have really gone a long way to becoming terrific horse-owners.
She asked me a question today that really stumped me. She asked if I thought she would be ALLOWED to build a second shelter in her second paddock for her horses. You see, since her property is "grandfatherred" for horses, she CAN keep them, but the question arises as to whether or not she can make improvments to the property for their care, since new structures are not included in the "agreement".
At first when she asked me this, I started talking out the possibilities with her. How long would a "permit" take, who could she talk to, etc... Then I realized I had fallen into the trap! (I bet you're already debating in your head eh? hehe)
Well get this novel thought...
It's none of ANYONE'S BUSINESS what we do on our properties! MORAL law says...as long as we don't...
1) Harm ourselves
2) Harm each other
3) Harm the environment
4) Endanger someone else's ability to have life, liberty or the pursuit of happiness
How in God's name could a horse shelter damage a neighbour? Get a grip. Stop FOLLOWING just because it's all you know how to do! Take off your glasses...WAKE UP.
Do NOT use the word BI-LAW with me when discussing this. I will only tell you that these "bi-laws" that are mandated to keep the "appearance" of the municipality in line with the rest of the community are pure and simply horse shit. Without purpose. Brutish snobbery. A waste of our time.
It's none of ANYONE'S BUSINESS what we do with our land or our homes.
I am not concerned with appearances...not yours and not mine.
This brings me to the question of why the city will not allow farm owners with adequate acreage to put up domes to ride in for the cold months. This is an "appearance" mandate. Horseshit. None of your business.
I won't even say that I'd like to see a "law" which allows us to do this on the books. Nope. Because that would be lending credence to the law that disallows.
I will choose not to recognize this law. Nor will I recognize any other law which infringes upon my personal freedom to do and be whatever the hell I want:
I will promise my neighbours the following...and no more:
1) I will not throw my dog shit in your pool
2) I will not throw loud obnoxious parties and light fireworks near your horses
3) I will not allow my children to be outside screaming until 3:00 a.m.
4) I will not yell at your children
5) I will not do construction projects when you and I should be enjoying quiet time in the evenings.
I will also promise them...
1) I will continue to teach children how to ride
2) I will continue to ride my horses to music (c'mon...live a little!)
3) I will play my guitar outside during the afternoons and sing...loudly (you're lucky I'm not charging for the free gig you peons)
4) I will build my arena. It will probably be a dome.
5) I will leave my door open for you and your families to visit the horses and our barn
If this does not work for you...move back to Dollard. Cause we're not moving.
Have a nice
Night Mare.
PS: To my crazy-ass neighbour who kept complaining about my manure which I move 5 times a year...
I moved it. Just for you.
Look out your kitchen window.
Merry Christmas.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment