Good day Mr. Mayor, citizens of St. Lazare, Mr. City Inspector and my crazy neighbour.
I attended this evening's council meeting with several friends and family members. It ended up being very interesting. I would say almost to the point where I will stand down...until further notice.
The beginning of the meeting was brutal. Where did you find that guy that reads the notices? Did you hire him on purpose because you will guarantee yourselves a quiet meeting every month since he only speaks in the key of Dm ALL THE TIME. It felt like chinese water torture. You should find some sexy half clad man who reads in a deep sensual voice...then all the women will attend and become interested in their city, and their husbands will also attend to ensure the sanctity of their marriages.
The second half of the meeting was an explosion of fun. Opinions regarding hunting laws (so did I get it right...? we CAN hunt in the municipality but only 300m from a residential property? Um ok...well the way development is happening in the region there will be no physical way to hunt :)
I am a tree hugging hippie as you now know having met me. BUT don't try and stop ALL the hunting. It would be cruel. We have destroyed habitat to such a large extent that if we don't cull the herds, deer will simply die of malnutrition, dehydration and simple lack of physical living space in a very short time. There has to be a grey area on this.
Now in regards to my previous evaluation of Mr. Mayor Carzoli...I will temporarily withdraw my accusations in lieu of making up my own mind about him not based on the kazillions of other people's opinions I have had. My apologies. I have invited him for tea...so I can make my evaluation, and he can make his. So far, so good. This blog will cease and desist from any further defamation of character. But be good! The pen IS mightier than the sword.
Speaking of the sword...did you guys really invite the SQ for me? I'm flattered! My father would be proud. He was abit of a hippie as well. :) Thanks. You shouldn't have.
I was very impressed with Mr. Levy. He is on his game. He is the only one who I saw a trying to listen to and represent his constituents.
As I said at tonight's meeting...your personal opinions simply do not matter. Once you are elected to any official position, your mouth should only open if and when your constituents deems it so. You can argue with them, try and convince them if you feel it is in the best interest of the populace...but you cannot dismiss them.
Too many laws, by-laws, tabled laws, committees, organizations, mandates...it has to stop! Look UP from your life for a few moments, and really truly reflect on why you wanted to become public servants. You did it originally because you wanted to help people, be a part of something, create an excellent community.
Is this still your intention? Or have you lost yourselves under POUNDS of uselss paper.
It is NOT in a governments's best interest to become so imbued in legistlative redundancies, that the community suffers. This WILL result in the loss of your positions.
So I challenge you tonight Councillors of St. Lazare; decide here and now to become ADVOCATES for your consituency. Become activists. Become heros.
It's so important. You know...this isn't just ANY town. THIS is St. Lazare.
More to come. I hope I'm making my best cup of tea on friday.
Peace out.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I so wished I had been there! Mostly with the SQ being there! How ridiculous is that!That neighbour of yours deserves our pity and prayers. I would so hate to be who she is, must feel horrible!
You have always been one to fight for justice and what is right and truth! Continue being true to yourself love, you will never need to play head games as so many people who get into politics seem to do. They forget who they are and who they are serving. I was glad to hear of the positive outcome that occurred from your attendance and having met with someone on the council who hasn't forgotten who he is and wants justice and common sense to prevail.
I'm sure you'll make a great cup of tea! You can make cammomile if you want to mellow or green tea if you want to clear the air (and everything else!!) :-)
Continue being true to yourself and defending your rights love. It can demand a lot of time and energy but it is definitely worth it.
I'm very proud of you.
Love always,
Ma
Post a Comment